Walter Recher has worked as an executive, entrepreneur and educator for over 25 years, successful
growth businesses in the most competitive markets in the world.
SmallBall Marketing is based on his experience working with customers and clients, developing
"aggressive listening " skills, and a keen sense of what it takes to succeed- from the
"suites to the streets".
Over the course of his career, Walter has worked in virtually every aspect of business, from retail
to wholesale, brick and mortar to ecommerce, from entrepreneurial start-up to mega growth
Fortune 100 companies.
This experience includes developing business plans to enter new markets, hiring, training and
leading sales teams, managing over $60M in revenue, and creating marketing campaigns.
As a born entrepreneur and "lifelong student" Walter has acquired a unique perspective about
starting, growing, marketing and managing successful new businesses and programs.
Walter's career accomplishments include:
- Leading Start-Up Companies - Founded and led On-Ramp Associates, InTouch Media, HomeBuyers Network and Diamond Sports Business Education Group.
- Innovative Marketer -Served as an executive with MCI, University of Phoenix, Cablevision, and Izod LaCoste in a variety of marketing roles. Management consultant for small businesses, including a leading health and wellness publication, a solar energy company, a world-renowned sports physiologist, the world's largest dairy store, Stew Leonard's "Get Mooving" employee commuting program, a home buying advertising network, and Fortune 500 corporate clients, including IBM, MCI, SNET and Scholastic Publishing; Developed trademarks and patents for the Perfect Pitch professional communications training method, and the"TouchLink" interactive advertising response system for realtors and advertisers. Produced newsletters, eblasts and edited web sites for leading event management company, travel agency, health and wellness magazine, college planning and athletic training companies.
- Business Development Executive- Worked in highly competitive markets and industries, promoted to senior positions at 4 of the most successful growth companies in U.S. business history - Izod LaCoste, Cablevision, MCI and University of Phoenix.
- Event Management - Developed, directed and managed major industry events, including:
at Yankee Stadium, Citi Field, MSG, Red Bull Arena, Chelsea Piers and the Yogi Berra Museum & Learning Center The Business of Baseball- career seminar at the National Baseball Hall of Fame in Cooperstown, New York "SOHOT -Small Office Home Office Technology"- a national conference on advanced technologies and the mobile office with IBM, Gartner Group In-Touch Media- led new media advertising and marketing for the PGA Buick Classic and Citibank Tennis Tournament of Champions in partnership with the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children and Westchester County. Hudson Valley Renegades- developed marketing and sponsors for the inaugural Army vs.Marist Baseball event and Perfect Pitch Competition at Dutchess Stadium Career Events- led a series of seminars featuring industry leaders from ESPN, MLB, NFL, USTA and senior executives from Steiner Sports, HBO Sports and Omnicom Sports Media
- Education Leader- Worked with hundreds of students as a professor and advisor, serving as a mentor and career consultant. Developed new courses in marketing, emerging technologies, leadership and sports management as an instructor in traditional classroom settings and online at Fordham University, Pace University, Marist College, State University of New York and Manhattanville College.
Guest speaker at Manhattan College, Marist College, Pace University, Fordham University and the Business of Sports School in NYC. Served as judge on panels at Marist College, Fordham University and Business of Sports School at Reuters world headquarters in New York City. Walter is a professor of sports marketing and sponsorship at Pace University, and teaches a course in small business formation and development for the Women's Enteprise Development Center at Marist College. He serves as a mentor to Fordham University students at the Fordham Foundry Gabelli School of Business, and is the author of a blog Diamond Duster about innovation and youth leadership in education and sports.
Walter Recher has been a featured speaker on national, regional and local media, including NBC News, Cablevision News 12, and WCBS NewsRadio 88, and has appeared in featured articles including the cover page of Entrepreneur Magazine, Journal News Gannett , and local news media outlets.